Thank you for visiting The Shirley Chisholm Project!
Q: Can I use the archival material from the Shirley Chisholm Collection for my research?
A: Yes, as long as you credit us. Here is the recommended format for citing the materials we’ve collected for the Shirley Chisholm Collection at Brooklyn College:[Item], [Folder title], [Box number], Shirley Chisholm ’72 Collection, Archives & Special Collections, Brooklyn College Library
Q: How can I donate to the Shirley Chisholm Project?
A: Please visit our Contribute to the Project page for the full instructions for donating online and by mail. In addition, please follow these instructions for donating online:
- Go to: The Brooklyn College Foundation Website.
- Complete the online donation form.
- Specify either a monthly or one-time payment.
- Under the “Apply my gift to:” option, please select “Other (details in comments)“
- Select “Donation”
- In the comment box, please enter in this information:
“Shirley Chisholm Archive: 30303085.”
- Proceed to enter in your payment preference and your personal information before finalizing the transaction.
Q: I am a scholar or journalist who would like to get in touch with the Director of the Shirley Chisholm Project:
A: If you would like to get in touch with the Director, Dr. Zinga Fraser, please fill out our “Contact Us” form. You can also reach her by sending a message to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Q: Where should I direct inquiries about Shirley Chisholm’s estate?
A: We are not the executor of Chisholm’s estate. Therefore, we are unable to assist you with questions pertaining to Shirley Chisholm’s intellectual property rights (including the use of her likeness or the use of her writings).